Dustin's Legacy of Fire Campaign
The style of the game can be described as: fast-paced, swashbuckling, pulpy, high-magic, cliched-and-proud-of-it, and grand-in-scope. What it is not: rules-heavy, tactically-inclined, dark-and-heavy. The PCs are the good guys. The rules are only a guide on how to play, not an all-encompassing list of permissable actions and outcomes.
This game is for you if:
- You love testing your mettle against the classics like gnolls, genies, and extra-planar creatures.
- You expect to be richly rewarded for doing so.
- You embrace the genre’s cliches and succeed in a Grapple check.
- The thought of taking out a den of vile cultists makes you grin from ear to ear.
- You can deal with bending a few rules every now and then, all in the name of more fun for everyone.
- You enjoy developing your character over time and having his/her actions have an impact in the wider world.
- You like a mix of sandbox and linear adventures.
- You don’t underestimate the value of retreating as needbe.
- A mix of social/skill encounters and hack-and-slash seems like fun.
- You are NOT a military strategist, tactical combat enthusiast, nor a rules-lawyer.
In this campaign the heroes will start from humble beginnings in the vast scrub desert of Katapesh, a nation known for its trade in anything deemed to have value and also home of the narcotic drug known as pesh. A land full of myth, magic, and superstition; where genies once warred against each other; and where riches are plentiful, if you can survive long enough to acquire them.
Where the heroes end up . . . is up to them . . .